Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
- Maintain and improve Trust and Safety (TnS) detection performance through measurement, analysis and reporting.
- Work with Trust and Safety Operations, Policy and Product teams to maintain and improve operational efficiency and achieve business goals by providing insight based on data analysis.
- Perform root cause analysis; defining analytical framework, retrieving right data, working with data owners and driving insights for detection of trust and safety policy violations
What You Will Do
- Continuously improve on Trust and Safety detection performance by adjusting detection as necessary and working with data modelling team to make detection improvements. Apply expertise in boolean logic, regular expressions, streaming & static data systems to maximize detection and operational efficiency.
- Creates complex, re-usable scripts and processes using mainstream programming languages such as Python, SQL and automates reporting and dashboards using all available appropriate tools.
- Understand high level business goals, Trust and Safety goals, the relationship between those goals and how data structures will need to be modified or created to meet them
- Solve the most complex and ambiguous analytic projects of Trust and Safety as they relate to detection, operations, policy and the business. Make decisions based on data analysis and establish Strategic direction to achieve Trust and Safety goals and business goals.
- Determine KPIs and Targets for Trust and Safety Policy Enforcement, Operations and Detection Efficiency. Report on Trust and Safety KPIs, metrics and targets and regularly ensure they are being met for data integrity and availability.
- Proactively design suites of dashboards to serve TnS Operations, Policy, and the Business using best practices of data visualizations to maximize understanding across all viewers.
- Use the data visually to communicate with stakeholders within and outside the business unit, gaining buy in and making the case for Trust and Safety. Push important data to relevant stakeholders, preparing for executive usage if needed. Perform post-mortems and publicize results, ensuring entire firm understands how to utilize Trust and Safety levers to drive business goals.
- BA / BS degree and experience and sufficient knowledge of SQL over 2~10 year
- 4+ years experience in risk analysis with ability to gather, analyze, and organize large amounts of data and provide insight/recommendations
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense with ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience in reporting data visually in Tableau / Qlik / Power BI or equivalent
- Intermediate/expert level with Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- 4+ years in Trust and Safety domain
- Experience in Python, Apache Airflow DAGs, ETL creation and maintenance.
- Business rule authoring (IBM Ilog, JRules, Drools, or other equivalent Business rules management system) with experience with Regular Expressions
- Direct experience in e-commerce, Retail or Operations will be a plus but not necessary
- English proficiency (Bilingual - Korean and English)
* Please submit your English CV.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.