Company Introduction :
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Team Description :
The global e-commerce team is looking for an experienced, analytically inclined Business Analyst to deepen understanding of on-going businesses and explore further areas for management and growth opportunities. This individual will be instrumental in providing insight during the entire business management process- including recommending measurable and realistic goals in the planning phases and continually monitoring and providing improvements throughout. This role will require navigating data among vastly different businesses so deep understanding is key and precision is the most basic requirement to being successful. Ideal candidates will be masterful at translating business jargon into quantitative values and using the latter to communicate to cross-functional teams to guide business decisions and direction.
- Design, develop and improve automated reports and dashboards to measure performance and support business needs
- Pull and leverage data to provide proactive, actionable insights that can identify growth opportunities, increase efficiency, and/or deepen understanding of business
- Set strategic and measurable goals, define new metrics and collaborate with other teams to achieve success on cross-team projects
- Become a subject matter expert in areas concerning global business or e-commerce (shipping, traffic, search, etc.)
- Understand separate needs of global selling (3P), global sourcing (retail) and Jikgu and translate business needs into trackable metrics
- Deep-dive on existing processes to find areas of improvement
- Identify areas for improvements, quantify and measure progress of improvements work with wide range of teams in understanding their business needs and making them more efficient
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years relevant work experience in an analytical field
- Expert level technical skills in SQL, MS Excel, Tableau or other BI tools
- Effectively and clearly communicate technical insights to broad non-technical audience
- Analytical thinking process and strong business acumen; able to quantify relevant business strategy into measurable metrics
- Manage and prioritize project timelines both across multiple teams and by self
- Near native fluency in at least 2 of English, Korean and Chinese
Preferred Qualifications :
- Work experience in international trade or e-commerce
- Advanced degree in statistics, MIS, mathematics or relevant subject
- Experience in Python a plus
Recruitment Process and Others :
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - SQL Live Coding Test - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- https://rocketyourcareer.kr.coupang.com/privacy-policy (Korea)
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.