Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
The Sr Operations Manager has complete responsibility for operations in the fulfillment center on a specified shift or across multiple shifts. The Sr Operations Manager will provide leadership and direction to all department managers to ensure daily tasks are completed. The Sr Operations Manager implements and maintains procedures to ensure productive and efficient operations with a focus on improving quality and cost metrics.
What You Will Do
- Lead and supervise a team to include Department Managers and hourly associates in outbound or inbound operations within the Fulfillment Center
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of the FC
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
- Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals
- Drives cost saving initiatives including labor, capital spend, supplies and shipping
- Responsible for maintaining or improving inventory accuracy across all departments
- Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs
- Develop and manage building KPIs in collaboration with building Director
- Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
- Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 5-7 years Department Manager experience
- Direct management experience for a salaried employee population and their performance
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts
- Lift and move cartons/boxes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation
- Degree in Supply Chain, Operations or related field preferred
- Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- 7+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.