Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Build next generation infrastructure to support Coupang’s phenomenal growth. Our team owns Coupang’s core infrastructure. We are in a process of building modern system to replace our aging technical stack. You will have a rare opportunity to put your vision and contributions into Coupang’s engineering system built for next 10 years. Your responsibility includes launching our next generation deployment system on Kubernetes and AWS for the company-wide to achieve smooth workload rollout at large scale, and developing our in-house API Gateway and Service Mesh solution.
What You Will Do
- You will architect and drive the build out of Coupang’s next generation infrastructure frameworks
- You will build durable code, with the ability to scale with very large data volumes
- Build our next generation deployment system on K8S and AWS for the company-wide to achieve zero downtime and smooth upgrading under large scale
- Operate and develop new features on our in-house API Gateway and Service Mesh to the company-wide
- Keep innovate on using AWS Cloud based component (Service Based) to replace our existing company data center hardware
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 6+ years of Software Engineering
- Experience in architecting, building and maintaining large-scale service infrastructures
- Experience in Java, distributed systems, micro services
- A strong team player; Ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems
- Strong CI/CD experiences and be able to understand and implement the automatic deployment
- Strong AWS Cloud Background on both development and operation
- Building and deploying Kubernetes, K8S or similar technology on AWS
- 10+ years experience Software Engineering experience
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock equity
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered onsite lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.