Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Coupang is seeking an ambitious, enthusiastic, a detail-oriented Compensation Data Analyst to work in the Global Compensation team to analyze our company’s compensation structure. This includes creating and analyzing compensation data. The Analyst performs analysis to assure appropriate compensation with respect to market and internal equity. The Compensation Analyst also assists in data preparation to operate the Long-Term Incentive program, and in the planning and developing of the compensation philosophy. You must have the ability to work on multiple tasks, handle sensitive information, make sound business decisions, influence business leaders, manage details, and deliver results on a company-wide perspective.
- Analyzing and interpreting company's compensation programs.
- Reviewing pay range of relevant compensation data to ensure company's compensation policies are competitive.
- Predicting future trends to steer company in a positive direction.
- Administer the company’s equity plans for all employees.
- Maintain company’s equity data using Shareworks platform.
- Work closely with internal Legal, Payroll, People, Tax and other teams, as necessary.
- Prepare custom reports and reconciliations to assist in the review of equity and transaction data.
- Assist efforts to grow and scale the stock administration function.
- Maintain supporting documents for internal/external auditors and respond accurately, thoroughly, and timely to requests for data.
- Assist with Workday data feed enhancements to support timely and accurate processing.
- Perform other duties and ad hoc requests as requested.
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience in analyzing data and be exceptionally organized, responsible, and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- Advanced knowledge of data analysis and delivery of data to leaders looking to make data driven decisions
- Advanced user of Excel and other reporting tools
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to summarize difficult issues concisely as well as critically evaluate impact and significance
- Excellent detail-orientation, with a high level of accuracy and the ability to detect inconsistencies in data
- Proficient with compensation research and data analysis
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a global environment on compensation and related issues
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information, issues and events
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.