Do you want to join the world’s fastest growing e-Commerce company? Do you want to part of the team that impacts tens of millions of online and mobile consumers? Do you want to build products from scratch and be able to shape the product vision and roadmaps? Coupang is the place!
Coupang is the world’s fastest growing e-Commerce company and South Korea’s answer to Amazon. It is the #1 player in e-commerce in Korea, which is a massive $200 billion market opportunity.
Coupang’s goal is to provide a consistent shopping experience that blends both “discovery” and “intent” based shopping with superior product selection and customer service. We enable this via our innovative mobile application, optimized delivery network, as well as leveraging a highly scalable platform and best in class data analytics.
You’ll be faced with unique challenges to scale and aim to grow to more than 55M+ users in Korea alone. You are required to apply cut-edge machine learning and NLP technology to solve large scale text mining challenging. You’ll also get to push the envelope of what’s possible with mobile commerce (currently over 75% of our sales are done on mobile)!
Some Specific things you'll work on:
- Develop and Ops Korean Morph Analyzer, Tagger, Chunking and Parser
- Entity Recognition and Classification for search query and commerce products
- Query Understanding technology stack to understand customer query and extract search intent
- Highly Scalable and Reliable services oriented architecture to support large scale of online traffic
- Partner with Product Management, Knowledge Management and business team to deliver superior Search experience to our customers.
- Coach and develop a team of highly talented engineers
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 4+ years of solid work with Information Retrieval, Ranking or NLP
- 2+ years of practical expertise in various disciplines of information retrieval, machine learning and natural language processing, such as text mining
- Strong data-driven thinking, find problems and solutions based on in-depth data analysis.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing especially applied to the Korean language.
- People with open mind set and would like to explore new territory of technology and go deep on domain knowledge
- Ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- Experience with handling large data volumes in a distributed environment – ideally with both backend data processing and web tier data management
- A passion to explore, improve, automate and optimize distributed systems and tools.
- Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science or related Engineering majors
- Bonus points for experience at ecommerce or SaaS companies
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located HERE.
- Document Return Policy (Korea ONLY)
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
- Equal Opportunity Employer (US ONLY)
- Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities or affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application of recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.