Company Introduction :
Coupang is re-imagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken trade-offs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Team Description :
- Coupang Eats is one of the fastest growing new businesses within Coupang. We provide a platform that connects Customers with merchants and drivers, and strive to deliver the greatest value and quality in every order
- To continue wowing the Customer, we need to better understand our Customer, which is where you and the BA team will play a critical role in the future of the business
- You and the team will be working with all teams across the organization to help enable data-driven decisions. This includes working with engineering to capture and log the correct data, enabling access to data via dashboards and reports, performing deep dives into marketing, customers, and product data, and using sophisticated tools and techniques to drive change
- Business Analysis will need to lead multiple, impactful projects that span the entire organization – from marketing to operations to product – through use of his or her deep domain expertise. This includes owning the analytics and performance of a large business unit and managing a team of analysts located in the Seoul office.
- Take ownership of a significant part of Coupang Eats’ overall growth and health of the business, and work with stakeholders and business leaders to identify new opportunities and areas of improvement
- Dive deep into marketing, product, operations and traffic data at extreme granularity to identify new ways to scale – this includes working with the leaders of the respective organizations while also having the foresight to conduct analysis based on your own understanding of business needs and priorities
- Projects vary from simple reporting and data visualization to creating more complex models to better understand Customer behavior, business trends and to ultimately help drive business decisions
- Strong communication skills to effectively and concisely share the results of the analysis to stakeholders who may not be familiar with the technical details of the model
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills to integrate in a business analyst, data analyst, finance analyst or statistical analysis role
- 3+ years working with Excel as well as any data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI or similar BI tools.
- Ability to gather, analyze, and organize large amounts of data and draw insights and recommendations from it
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in fast-paced and dynamic environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Expert SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of intermediate statistics
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field (STEM, Finance, Economics, Statistics)
- Strong English working proficiency
- Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
- Business-level experience with Python as a plus
- Previous experience in e-commerce, food delivery or other internet-based industries
- Experience owning the analytics and performance of a large business unit
Recruitment Process and Others :
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - SQL Live Coding Test - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- https://rocketyourcareer.kr.coupang.com/privacy-policy (Korea)
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.