Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
What You Will Do
Coupang experiment platform team is building centralized platform to support all the domain teams in the company to implement and run their experiments. We build user friendly web application for test owners to create the experiments and review the results. We provide SDK for developers to instrument their experiments. We build the sophisticated metric calculation engine to easily onboard global and local metrics for experiment decision making. This is a new role for a director of engineering to lead and grow a small but high performing engineering team.
▪ 3 years leading or managing software engineering teams with strong technical credentials
▪ 7+ years of professional software development experience, preferably in Java related technologies
▪ Proven track record of delivering software products using agile processes in a fast-paced environment
▪ Hands-on architecture and large-scale distributed systems experience
▪ Strong fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm, problem solving and complexity analysis
▪ Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. High on bias for action
▪ Strong verbal and written communication skills
▪ Familiar with distributed data processing using EMR, Spark, Hive or other big data framework
▪ Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) with
▪ Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
▪ 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
▪ 401K matching
▪ Pre-IPO stock
▪ Mobile & fitness reimbursement
▪ Catered Lunch onsite
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com