Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Inventory Planning & Optimization
- Plans and establishes ordering policy from all Retail categories, upgrades ordering system process, and establishes plans to increase system ordering accuracy
- Managing Fresh inventory buildup & Instock in new FCs
- Driving Fresh Instock Improvement cross functionally
- Establish strategies to minimize out of stock (OOS), building deeper analytics models to drive improvement
- Manual PO Minimization Strategy
- Working with Product and data science to co-own features prioritization and launch
- Promotion Forecasting & Ordering process owner
Retail Supply design - Sourcing & Fulfillment channel design
- SKUs Sourcing channel (Direct vs. Xdock) design and defining entry & exit criteria for each channel
- Sourcing optimal distribution considering scale / shelf life / Cost / Supplier relationship
- Building supplier frequency design & refreshing it regularly
- Inbound policy design – shaping vendors behaviors towards OTIF from Fill rate
- Designing Service Management layer (SKU-FC Inventory norms)
- Network DOC design for long term space planning
- Inventory health policy
- Network Inventory Balancing Policy
- Driving Forecasting Improvements working with data science
Team & People Management
- Leading team of Instock planning specialists and business & data analysts managing all 3 sub teams to drive charter forward
- People management and their career development
What You Will Do
- Leading team of Instock planning specialists & business/data analysts to drive Instock planning charter
- Building Inventory planning long term strategy and contributing to AOP targets finalization
- OOS (Out of Stock) Minimization Strategy
- Team & People management and Cross functional stakeholders Management
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- 8-13 years of supply chain management experience
- Able to collect and analyze data to draw insights
- Proficient in databased software platforms (e.g. Excel)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English
- Experience in e-commerce, retail/FMCG & distribution (e.g. Discount Store, CVS) or global companies
- Master’s degree in supply chain management or MBA – Master’s in business administration or equivalent
- Experience with Supply chain / Inventory Planning / Demand & Supply Planning
- APICS certification (CPIM/CSCP)
[Recruitment Process and Others]
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.