Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our vision is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a Senior Engineer in S&D Measurement Team, you will have the opportunity to develop debugging and experiment platforms closely integrated with world-class Search and Recommendation Systems. Your work will be critical to S&D in terms of productivity improvement and result quality assurance. To succeed in this role, you need to be customer centric, be curious about how data flows in ranking systems, and be eager to help customers improve their productivity.
What You Will Do
- Manage Agile team(s) of high caliber engineers working on building scalable, reliable and sustainable systems.
- Recruit and hire engineers according to team’s growth target
- Coach your engineers on coding quality during code reviews in order to drive for engineering excellence, as well as on their career development through 1 on 1 and performance evaluation meetings.
- Work with engineers to define architecture of the systems you own.
- Closely work with Search and Discovery related systems and people (infra / ranking / recommendation) to understand requirements, set priorities, build the roadmap, and deliver to plan.
- Establish and run the operational support for the system/module owned by your team.
- Drive improvements of engineering and operational excellence.
- 7+ years of hands-on OO programming experience within a large scale, highly available, cloud-based environment (AWS preferred)
- 5+ years system architecture experience
- 3+ years managing software development team
- Track of records on delivery the complex system and simplify complicated business problems with proper design.
- Experiences in OSS: ElasticSearch/Cassandra/Kafka/Zookeeper/Redis/etc
- Extensive experience in defining and driving product / features based on user feedbacks and requirements.
- Strong technical capability in back end systems with proficiency in Java, Data structures, fundamental algorithms and system design
- Deep experience building and operating highly scalable and highly available data driven web services.
- Strong ambition to solve challenging engineering problems and demand engineering excellence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Loves to explain the technology and has a gift for concisely explaining complex topics
- Fluent in English
- Full stack development or management experience, including web front-end Engineering.
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experiences in system reliability tuning
- Experiences in eCommerce and purchase funnel
- Experience with Search Infrastructure, Search Ranking, Recommendation Systems
Privacy Notice (China)
Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.