Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
At Marketing Platform, we build the core platform and services that power Coupang’s growth. Our platforms and services help marketers make intelligent decisions in customer targeting, messaging, promotions, channel selection and communication. We use big data and analytics to build scalable services, that are used across all of Coupang, to make customer centric decisions.
What You Will Do
- Architect, design and build scalable systems that will have a direct impact on customer acquisition, experience, conversion and retention
- Take full ownership of the product end to end using DevOps practices
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
- Drive continuous improvement to the efficiency and flexibility of the platform and services while keeping high bar for customer trust, performance and availability
- 7+ years of professional software development experience, preferably in Java related technologies
- Strong fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Experience with distributed computing and scalable enterprise systems
- Comfortable working in an agile fast paced startup-like environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces, back-end systems and databases
- Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Privacy Notice (China)
Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang as stated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.