The Security Architecture & Engineering team at Coupang is responsible for the secure design, implementation and deployment of both Coupang’s internal IT systems and its e-commerce platforms and services. The Head of Engagement (TPM) in Security Architecture & Engineering is an interdisciplinary security leadership role leading the planning, communication and execution of highly technical security initiatives and transformative projects.
- Build and manage a high caliber team of Technical Program Managers including hiring, developing, supporting, and motivating team members to drive results and achieve team goals.
- Partner with security and engineering teams and business stakeholders to define, prioritize and rollout security plans and programs in order to close identified security gaps and strengthen Coupang’s overall security posture.
- Develop and oversee end to end project work plans; integrating activities, milestones and interdependencies across multiple work streams, including relevant updates on plans; drive early anticipation of risks and issues, ensuring and tracking appropriate milestone plans.
- Identify gaps in existing security process and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Apply risk-based thinking enabling teams to make the right security decisions and priorities.
- Build strong relationships with Coupang's technical teams and cultivate a culture of security awareness and ownership.
- Lead on development and execution of application security metrics and reporting.
- Assist with strategic planning and budgeting.
- The ideal candidate should possess a combination of broad security technical knowledge, preferably in the application security domain, and strong technical program management experience.
- Good knowledge of security development lifecycle practices, agile application development, DevOps engineering, and CI/CD.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and partner across multiple projects and teams/departments to achieve a specific goal.
- Maturity to drive delivery, ensure quality and manage relationships across teams/departments and geographic boundaries.
- Possess excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills, with strong problem solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to details
- Experience in applying maturity model-based methods (BSIMM or OpenSAMM) to an application security program will be considered a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience