Principal Data Scientist-FDS
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The eCommerce Fraud Detection team is dedicated in making Coupang’s eCommerce business fraud free. We build highly sophisticated and analytics-based systems and services that scan massive amounts of transaction-related data (buyer, seller, payment, etc) to uncover underlying correlations and detect fraud and abuse patterns, as well as tools and processes for operation teams to investigate and act on these. A robust FDS protects Coupang’s brand and image, prevents negative impacts to Customers and Sellers and reduces revenue loss.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, Computer Science or related Engineering field
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics/data mining/machine learning algorithms and models
- Expert in Fraud Detection. User profile and social networking related experience preferred
- Practical Machine Learning experience (Data Preprocessing, Feature Selection / Engineering, Training, Model Evaluation) with track record of publications
- Programming experience using Python/R/SQL to manipulate data, develop algorithms/models, and draw insights from large data sets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new techniques, and meet deadlines in a fast-moving environment
- Team player with a self-motivated and “CAN-DO” attitude
- Good communication skills in English, written and verbal; ability to present data and its implications in a clear and concise manner
- Masters or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, operations research, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- Experience with manipulating massive-scale data.
Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize