Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang’s Identity & Access Management (IAM) Team is responsible for managing the company’s IAM Infrastructure. We are responsible for providing a platform that defines and manages the correct access to enterprise assets by the right users in the right context. We are looking for team members with prior experience in IAM that are creative in solving problems, excited to work in new technology areas and be ready to wear multiple hats to get things done in a highly-energized, fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative startup environment.
As a IAM Principal Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for delivering various IT engineering and administration efforts that solve significantly complex or endemic problems, positively pre-empt possible issues, attend to end-user IT concerns and proactively enhance internal IT processes.
The core purposes of the position:
- Support and maintain Directory Services environment – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, ADFS.
- Identify failure trends and root cause of incidents.
- Design, develop, test and integrate changes to the production environment.
- Provide technical leadership on project execution and issue resolution.
- Work together relentlessly with developers, engineers and testers across IT Infrastructure/Operations (including network, system and database architects/engineers and administers), Security and Project Management teams to drive wins for the organization.
- Can work with minimal supervision
- Team player
- Knowledge on the ITIL processes
- Knowledge and experience maintaining and troubleshooting AD Directory Services
- Knowledge and experience using Windows PowerShell
- Experience with AD design, configuration and management of OU’s, GPO’s, AD Schema, AD DNS, Forest/Domain Trusts, AD Site Topology. Experience on AD Certificate Services is desired, but not required.
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining and administering Office 365
- Knowledge and experience in identity and access management
- Knowledge and experience in maintaining Virtualizaton (Hyper-V or VMWare)
- Knowledge and experience in configuring and troubleshooting issues relating to Microsoft Windows Client OS
- Work closely with the Corporate IT and Security teams to effectively manage the IT infrastructure.
- Regularly monitor and manage AD functionality
- Manage user access and permissions to resources, ensuring the policy of least privileged is adhered to.
- Effectively communicate, resolve and/or escalate IT issues found, as necessary.
- Exercise good judgment in reporting issues that need escalation.
- Proactively identify gaps in the technologies used and in IT processes, and present possible resolution/s.
- Exercise good judgement when making both tactical and strategic decisions. Use broad expertise or unique knowledge to impact systems and how Coupang operates.
- Leadership Principles: Dive Deep, Think Systematically, Simplify, Hire & Develop the Best, Deliver Results with Grit, Move with Urgency
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering or related discipline
- At least 7 years’ experience managing Windows Server OS (Server 2012, Server 2016)
- At least 7 years’ experience maintaining and troubleshooting AD Directory Services
- At least 5 years’ experience using Windows PowerShell
- At least 5 years’ experience on AD design, configuration and management of OU’s, GPO’s, AD Schema, AD DNS, Forest/Domain Trusts, AD Site Topology. Experience on AD Certificate Services is desired, but not required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Identity and Access Management
- At least 3 years’ experience in maintaining Virtualizaton (Hyper-V or VMWare)
- At least 7 years’ experience in configuring and troubleshooting issues relating to Microsoft Windows Client OS, Microsoft Office Suite and other desktop applications
- At least 5 years’ experience in employing the ITIL processes
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.