Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
Director, Growth Marketing
Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year. We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
As a Director Growth Marketing Leader, you will be responsible for building a cross functional team that will work on projects across the organization. This role will not be limited to Marketing and will extend to any team that needs growth support. You could be an individual contributor for one project or lead a task force team in another. The role requires you to be open minded and focus on solving the problem at hand.
What You Will Do
Solving business problems. These three words sum up the description for this role.
You will be asked to step in wherever the company needs logical, systematic problem-solving skills. You might or might not be a subject matter expert in that area / function.
You will work with cross functional teams, limited resources and on time constrained, high-pressure assignments that are expected to yield significant business impact.
You will drive change in existing processes / problem solving methods and introduce systematic & data driven view of the problem to gain alignment and drive business objectives.
- Defining the problem statement,
- Determining the input metrics and the measure of success,
- And driving teams in pursuit of the goals will be your key focus areas
- Curious problem solver
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Systematic thinker with adequate experience in experimentation and learning from testing
- Team player, capable of tapping into collective intelligence to solve problems
- Ability to visualize data narrate stories
- Extremely persistent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong, analytical, and data-driven background, with proven ability to drive results
- 12+ years with a background in consulting and / or, digital performance marketing / analytical problem solving / Growth Marketing will be preferred
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job, and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice (US and China)
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- https://rocketyourcareer.kr.coupang.com/privacy-policy (Korea)
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.