Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes. Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai and Silicon Valley.
Scope of Position:
In this role you will be accountable for managing the team responsible for producing various internal and external financial report in various jurisdictions. The reporting will be produced on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the preparation and review of all monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Responsible for the compilation of financial statements, footnotes, management’s discussion and analysis and all other components of the filings.
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of filing of all internal and external financial reporting, compliance with government and other regulators.
- Assist in providing technical expertise and leadership to the finance organization on the treatment of accounting issues, implementation of new accounting standards and compliance with U.S. GAAP, SEC, and PCAOB regulations.
- Ensure internal control procures are in place and maintain SOX compliance.
- Monitoring and research of new GAAP and SEC pronouncements; evaluation of impact to the company; assisting in the implementation of new business, accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Work with external and internal auditors on requests for assistance.
- Prepare audit schedules and interface with external auditors as necessary.
- Build a team and capabilities for SEC reporting, including annual report, 10K, 10Q, earnings release, 8K, S-8 and XBRL tagging, including annual proxy preparation process and shareholders’ reports
- Identify process improvements and automation opportunities to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the reporting process, including selection and implementation of an external reporting system.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and responsibilities as needed.
- Certified Public Accountant
- 10-15 years of relevant experience from public accounting and/or public multinational companies
- Must have prior deep hands-on SEC reporting experience
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and SEC regulations.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP (accounting and reporting) and SEC Rules and Regulations
- Ability to perform independent research and prepare analyses of the impact of accounting and regulatory pronouncements on the company’s financial statements and accounting and disclosure practices.
- Experience in SOX control execution/documentation
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with senior management and influence decision making
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion.
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel, from staff to executive management.