Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
Coupang’s process innovation play a critical role in driving our phenomenal growth by identifying and optimizing the cost and process. As a Process Innovation, you will conduct review of fulfillment center operational process and identify ways to boost productivity by optimizing manpower and reducing process lead time.
What You Will Do
- Conduct review of fulfillment center operational process and identify ways to boost productivity by optimizing manpower and reducing process lead time
- Support in national fulfillment center network design, optimal throughput calculation and load balancing between the fulfillment centers
- Coordinate with the facility design and automation team to roll out automation and recommend ideas for material flow design or stations setup
- Support in design, roll out and optimization of supply chain processes such as cross dock and replenishment across the network
- Use industrial engineering standards to develop process path targets to achieve cost targets
- Communicate with leadership on areas that can be improved within the organization and provide advice on how to improve
- Conduct quantitative analysis to be able to identify root causes of operational issues and recommend solutions based on data
- Design, conduct and analyze experiments to test new operational ideas or fulfilment strategies. Convert the results into actionable recommendations
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Management, or related field
- 5-10 years of experience as a process / industrial engineer in manufacturing, supply chain, or e-commerce
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel
- Willingness to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage creative thinking and problem-solving skills are absolute musts
- Understanding of warehouse design
- Experience in capacity planning, facility design, including throughput and maximum capacity
- Facility design and introduction experience
- Ability to communicate information effectively at different levels.
- Lean Concept Specialist-Material Flow, Value Stream Map (VSM), 7 Waste Types
Recruitment Process and Others
- Recruitment Process
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
- Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Privacy Notice
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
- Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.