Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Manager, Internal Control (IT Controls Governance)
Scope of Position
The Manager IT Process Controls Governance will work closely with the Internal Controls Team leadership, other Accounting leadership members, process owners, Internal Audit, and other stakeholders in support of building and maintaining the company’s internal controls and execution of the internal controls program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help support the development and execution of the company’s internal control program while ensuring compliance with regulatory rules and deadlines.
- Monitor changing business and IT environment for items that may impact the company.
- Act as the key point of contact for the company’s external auditors, internal auditors and process owners on all matters related to internal controls (IT controls) compliance, including evaluation and resolution of identified control deficiencies.
- Conduct risk assessments of key information systems and coordinate the scope of the internal controls monitoring process, ensuring adequate coverage.
- Coordinate with IT process controls in the design, implementation and evaluation of IT general and automated system controls and configurations.
- Evaluate the design of IT-related internal control activities, maintain and update key controls, ensure controls documentation reflects a high level of quality.
- Serve as a technical resource on all internal controls matters, including development, refinement and documentation of internal controls.
- Collaborate with process and system owners and others to build knowledge and understanding of risks and controls.
- Identify areas of opportunity for process improvement.
- Certified Public Accountant, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or other relevant IT-related controls designation
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from four-year college or university
- Must have 5+ years of experience including public accounting working significantly on audits of public companies
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in SOX internal controls program management and/or SOX consulting/auditing a plus.
- Must possess a high degree of accuracy in work; detail oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Good analytical, computer (Word and; Excel), and organization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines; the ability to work well with all levels of management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong technical understanding of US GAAP, SOX, and COSO is required.
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.