Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley. We have been ranked #2 by 'CNBCs 2020 Disruptor 50', have been named in MIT Technology Review as one of the ‘50 Smartest Companies in the World and rank highly on the list of Forbes' 30 Global Game Changers.
FinTech User Experience at Coupang
With its innovative technology and operational know-how, Coupang is transforming the entire customer experience. The FinTech UX team based in Seoul facilitates our customers’ check out process and CouPay’s service. CouPay has over 10 million members and has recently been spun off into its own separate business. We are obsessed about improving every step of the user experience in our mobile apps and website to easily make purchases and make the payment process seamless for our customers.
Reporting to the Head of FinTech product, the Director of Product UX FinTech will be a core member of the UX leadership team, responsible for building and delivering a best-in-class customer experience for Coupang’s FinTech and payment offerings as we continue to rapidly scale.
Key responsibilities include:
- Recruit, interview and hire best in class designers, and actively raise the bar as we rapidly scale.
- Manage, develop and rapidly grow a high performing team of ~5 designers/researchers to optimize new and existing features overseeing all aspects of the design lifecycle.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization (Design, Product, Engineering, Marketing) to drive vision and strategy.
- Identify critical design problems and devise solutions that scale elegantly.
- Execute all stages of product design from concept to execution hands on. Create mocks, wireframes, prototypes, design specifications, presentations, processes, and framework.
- Introduce ways to integrate design thinking into the overall process and culture.
- Be an active mentor and a leader. Lead design critiques, reviews, and planning.
- Be an advocate for the Customer at every opportunity, drawing from research and data.
- 10+ years of experience delivering high quality designs and 3+ years of managerial experience.
- Domain knowledge of the Payments and/or FinTech industries or understanding of the complexities of an e-commerce marketplace/consumer platform model.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation UX design/ interaction design/product design and its relative works including user research.
- Track record of using data and quantitative research methodologies to inform decision making across the entire product design process/lifecycle.
- Extensive experience closely partnering with product owners to develop strategy and rationale for features.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Able to operate autonomously to manage projects in a fast-paced environment and remain focused amidst frequently changing requirements.
- Able to pitch and hold in depth discussions with the C-level stakeholders.
- Ability to take ambiguous and challenging problems and turn them into scoped projects and features.
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Computer Science, Psychology, Ethnography or equivalent practical experience.
- Prior experience in Payments, FinTech and/or e-commerce.
- Excellent Korean written and verbal communication.
- Business level English written and verbal communication.
- Experience leading design sprints, team brainstorming, and ideation exercises.