Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea, one of the world’s largest and fastest growing e-commerce markets. Korea is currently the 5th largest e-commerce market in the world.
The EHS team is leads worker safety and health as well as environmental compliance for Coupang. To improve safety you must understand what causes injuries, and to fully understand this you must not only have data but find ways to use it to learn what it is telling you about your organizational weaknesses and job hazards. We’re looking for an EHS Analyst who can enable the entire EHS organization to make decisions that will reduce injuries and make Coupang an even better place to work. You can be a part of this by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
What You Will Do
- Identify the characteristics of structured/unstructured data sets, develop analysis algorithms, and design algorithm models
- Independently generate meaningful insights through data analysis and use of data visualization tools
- Verify the effectiveness of EHS policies/programs in operation through data analysis
- Independently communicate on data analysis results and carry out the process of identifying areas to revise/supplement/improve
- Independently carry out analysis model improvement by monitoring/tracking the analysis results applied and identifying areas improved
- Extract data based on the requester's requirements using Workday report functions
- Analyze requirements by data requester and service
- Process and provide data in an analyzable format based on requirements
- Bachelors degree
- A self-starter who takes ownership and has the ability to think and react quickly in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Strong critical thinking and detail-oriented with an aptitude for solving unstructured problems
- 3 + years of experience in data analysis with SQL (Mandatory)
- Experience with SQL, Excel, and R/SAS or other statistical package
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, and/or other data visualization tools
- Experience driving continuous process improvement
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Experience migrating systems, preferably EHS or medical systems
- Experience working with multinational clients
# Please submit English CV.
Recruitment Process and Others
- Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite (or Virtual Onsite) Interview – Offer
- The exact nature of the recruitment process may vary according to the specific job and may be changed due to scheduling or other circumstances.
- Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.
Things to Consider
- This job posting may be closed prior to the stated end date for application if all openings are filled.
- Coupang has the right to rescind an offer of employment if a candidate is found to have submitted false information as part of the application process.
- Coupang does not discriminate against disabled applicants or those with veteran status. We are proud to offer equal opportunities for all applicants.
- Your personal information will be collected and managed by Coupang asstated in the Application Privacy Notice located below.
Document Return Policy
- This notification is given pursuant to Article 11 (6) of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act.
- A job applicant, who has applied but not been finally selected for a position at Coupang (the “Company”), may request the Company to return his/her hiring documents submitted pursuant to the Fair Hiring Procedure Act. However, this will not apply where the hiring documents were submitted via the website of the Company or e-mail, or where the job applicant submitted those documents voluntarily without a request from the Company. In addition, if the hiring documents were destroyed due to a natural disaster or any other reasons not attributable to the Company, such documents will be deemed to have been returned to the job applicant.
- A job applicant who wishes to request the return of his/her hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above should fill out a “Request for Return of Hiring Documents” [Annex Form No. 3 in the Enforcement Rule of the Fair Hiring Procedure Act] and submit the request to the Company by email (email@example.com) In such case, within fourteen (14) days from the date of identifying the receipt of the request, the Company will send the hiring documents to the job applicant’s designated address via registered mail. Please be informed that the job applicant is required to pay the postage on the registered mail.
- In preparation for a job applicant’s request for the return of hiring documents pursuant to the main sentence of paragraph 2 above, the Company shall retain the original hiring documents submitted by the job applicant for 180 days from the completion of the recruiting process. If no request is made until the end of this period, all of his/her hiring documents will be destroyed immediately in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.