Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As a Principal Cloud Engineer for our platform team, this role will focus on leveraging Cloud Platform infrastructure, services and processes at its best to help increase infrastructure & system Efficiencies, Productivity, scalability and system quality improvements at 10X scale. This role will be responsible for diving deep into business problems, understanding current customer pain points, system domain, current Platform limitations (if exists) and then work closely with engineering teams / leaders to design and architect new system / services leveraging cloud infrastructure that can scale 10X better, is reliable, and is highly available. The includes providing system architecture artifacts, accountability on cloud infrastructure choices that can perform and scale at 10X level but are still efficient, guidance on using right machine type, network designs etc . You will be part of a Global team working from different locations but still works as a central connected unit.
- Serve as a technical architect on Cloud infrastructure layer.
- 100% accountable for quality of system architecture and design of system / Platform.
- Solves complex technical problems in our AWS environment plus improves Operations Excellence
- Strong ability to deep dive to understand current systems Cloud architecture to provide strategic partnership and improvements on network usage, role management, CDN, domains etc.
- Analyze complex distributed production deployments and recommend ways to optimize performance and/or automate processes by managing continuous integration servers, utilizing monitoring and testing tools
- Identify opportunities to make disruptive improvements in cloud infrastructure usage, operations and services with high degree of systematic automation.
- Possess expert knowledge in performance (millisecond latencies), scalability, availability (99.99% uptime), enterprise architecture best practices
- Strong technical analytical & design capability to understand Common & shared platforms, web, & services API with underlying data to provide appropriate network, infrastructure recommendations
- Expert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail
- Strong cultural change management experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 12+ years of system engineering or site reliability experience
- 5+ years of experience leading system design, architecture leveraging AWS services
- 5+ years of demonstrable building and operating infrastructure as code. Comfortable with many flavors of Linux
- 5+ year’s of experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems in the cloud.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, outstanding verbal and written communication.
- AWS Certification for SysOps on AWS, Developing on AWS, and/or AWS Architect
- 3+ years of hands-on experience as a Principal-level system Engineer
- Excellent cross-group collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated virtual team leadership capabilities
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com