Coupang is reimagining the shopping experience with the goal of wowing each customer from the instant they open the Coupang app to the moment an order is delivered to their door.
Powered by an outstanding end-to-end e-commerce and logistics network and a fanatical culture of customer centricity, Coupang has broken tradeoffs around speed, selection and price. Today, we provide exceedingly fast shipping speeds on millions of items including fresh groceries, delivered within hours nationwide, 365 days a year.
We are doing this for millions of consumers in Korea. Korea is home to one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce opportunities anywhere in the world.
As a Sr. Program Manager, you will be responsible for building the strategies for all tiers of event-based marketing and merchandising campaigns for the Global Consumer Direct business. You will deep dive into the market, and the business and together with the Head of Marketing, Vendor Management and Planning, build, manage and deploy broad marketing strategies and campaigns across multiple onsite and offsite channels. Your primary focus will be on driving incremental sales through improved conversion.
Our ideal candidate will have ideas combined with extensive analytic and data-driven experience, and the ability to work both strategically and tactically to generate innovative ideas for growth and execute best-in-class programs. You should be detail-oriented and organized, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities and have strong relationship building skills. The ability to effectively program manage projects, influence others, and collaborate across a variety of internal teams and multiple stakeholders is critical.
What You Will Do
- Develop, grow, and optimize key events and campaigns year round including key seasonal timeframes (e.g. Lunar New Year or Black Friday).
- Implement Go to Market strategies to bring products and campaigns to life, coordinating with company partners including onsite merchandising, growth marketing, vendor management, finance
- Manage and optimize on a going basis the Global homepage merchandising in order to drive revenue, maximize conversion, and amplify customer engagement.
- Partner with cross functional teams, including Vendor Management and Inventory Planning to incorporate business needs and create a best-in class customer experience
- Build marketing packages for strategic vendors in support of driving sales and vendor funding
- Track, monitor and analyze results and optimize iteratively based on market behavior and needs
- Identify, test and learn opportunities to scale
- 5+ years relevant work experience in marketing, merchandising, or program management
- Demonstrated designing, building, and launching successful programs
- High level of proficiency in Excel (VBA/Macros, PowerPivot)
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to pivot and problem-solve
- Comfortable and motivated working in a fast paced, collaborative environment, with the ability to build relationships.
- Problem-solver with strong skills, thinking, operational acumen and the ability to find ways to identify untapped opportunity and optimize performance
- Experience in utilizing SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, Redshift) to solve business problems
- Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Not afraid to try new things – driven to constantly improve results
- Bilingual in Korean
- MBA or other relevant graduate degree
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.