Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The Search and Discovery Product Team is responsible for creating an amazing search and discovery shopping experience for our Customers, from “intent” based shopping to delighting the Customer with serendipitous product discovery on every visit. Our team leverages data from machine learning, data mining, A/B testing, Customer feedback, and usability studies to test and validate new product features on a daily basis. We are obsessed with optimizing the entire search Customer journey, from query understanding and search relevance to personalized and category/mission aware search and recommendation experiences. We believe the experience for finding the right fresh groceries delivered to your door the next morning should be personal and different from shopping for a new laptop or your next pair of jeans. Search and Recommendations drive over 70% of product discovery for our millions of daily Customers, so the scale and impact of our work is massive!
Product Owners (also known as Product Managers) at Coupang are mini-CEOs with end-to-end ownership of a specific area. As a Principal Product Owner in Search and Discovery, you will own holistic Search and Recommendation shopping experiences. You will be responsible to rethink how our millions of Customers find the right products they are looking for by diving deep to identify Customer friction points within their search journey. You will work closely with design, engineering, data science/analytics, and business teams to bring to life personalized search and recommendation experiences that Customers love. You will focus on delivering a world-class mobile-first shopping experience – over 80% of our traffic is on mobile!
As a Product Owner, you will be expected to:
- Have a deep understanding of the Customer through both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Own the product vision, strategy, roadmap and KPIs of Search and Recommendation experiences
- Manage the entire product life cycle from inception to launch, including writing product requirements, defining use cases, and setting success metrics
- Drive alignment with a variety of stakeholders including executives, category leaders, business operations, and infrastructure teams
- Analytical thinker who works well in a fast-paced, data-driven and highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects
- Bias for action and willingness to get your hands dirty to get the job done
- Sound business judgment and proven ability to effectively communicate and influence others
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Previous e-commerce or logistics experience
- Experience in launching consumer facing products in mobile
- Experience working with multiple teams across different geographies
- Previous experience working on Search & Discovery experiences
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.