Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley. We were named in MIT Technology Review's '50 Smartest Companies in the World' and rank highly on the list of Forbes' 30 Global Game Changers.
Coupang Video Commerce
Coupang is investing in video commerce solutions to drive engagement with consumers, creators, vendors, and brands to ultimately grow product sales. As part of this investment Coupang is hiring a team dedicated to building and growing video commerce across the Coupang platform. This team is part of a rapidly growing and strategically important initiative to improve the experiences and lives of Coupang’s constituents by building the next generation of video commerce solutions.
Reporting to the Vice President of Coupang Media Group, the Product Director, Video Commerce will be tasked with establishing an entirely new core business for Coupang. S/he will be responsible for defining the product vision, short and long-term strategy, and roadmap for Video Commerce.
The product director will be responsible for for setting the direction for a team of UX designers, developers, business analysts, and product owners. Success will be determined by the establishment of a high performing product owner team, a best-in-class customer and vendor experience, an increased conversion rate, and corresponding growth in GMV. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Define and own the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and KPIs for a scalable Video Commerce product;
- Manage the entire product life cycle from inception to launch, including writing product requirements, defining use cases, and setting success metrics;
- Hire and manage product owners responsible for various aspects of our video commerce offering.
- Provide product ownership and direction for a high performing team of UX designers, developers, business analysts and direct report product owners to implement the right strategy and meet success criteria;
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Coupang (Product and Engineering, Design, Operations, Sales, Retail, Advertising, and more) to ensure its successful performance and development;
- Continually Identify opportunities to improve the experience on the marketplace for all parties (consumers, vendors, influencers and brands).
- Successful track record (8+ years) of developing innovate new products, and taking them to market, for a tier 1 technology player.
- Track record of managing high performing teams of product owners.
- Hands on experience working in an agile environment with a rapid iteration cadence.
- Track record of using data and quantitative research methodologies to inform decision making across the entire product design process/lifecycle.
- Understanding of the complexities of a marketplace/consumer platform model.
- Domain knowledge of video commerce tools and applications.
Traits and Competencies
- Able to operate autonomously to manage projects in a fast-paced environment and remain focused amidst frequently changing requirements.
- Able to take ambiguous and challenging problems and turn them into scoped projects and features.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English