Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As Product Design Lead for Video Commerce, you lead a team of designers with the goal of providing an engaging, easy-to-use, and productive video commerce solution. Success in this role will be in helping build and shape the UX design team, managing and mentoring designers, and forming and executing a research and design strategy.
Leveraging your deep knowledge and experience with UX research methods, design thinking and patterns, and best practices, you will work collaboratively with researchers, product owners, engineers, content strategists, operations, users, and other designers to deliver an innovative and massively engaging video commerce solution. You will be leading the design process throughout planning and development for our suite of web and mobile products.
We are looking for design leaders who think systematically, are data-driven and iterate quickly, and deliver results with commitment and persistence. This job includes management of members of your team and prefers those who speak Korean.
- Collaborate with Design, Product, and Engineering to drive vision and strategy.
- Be an advocate for the Customer at every opportunity, drawing from research and data.
- Execute all stages of product design from concept to execution hands-on. Create mocks, wireframes, prototypes, design specifications, presentations, processes, and frameworks.
- Introduce ways to integrate design thinking into the overall process and culture.
- Identify critical design problems and devise solutions that scale elegantly.
- Ensure high-quality outcome from the wider team, beyond one’s scope of work. Be an active mentor and a leader.
- Lead design critiques, reviews, and planning.
- Recruit and interview designers, and actively raise the bar for Design.
- Manage 5-6 UX designers.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Computer Science, Psychology, Ethnography or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of extensive experience in a leading individual contributor role on a product design team. 3+ years of managerial experience.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction design, visual design, and user research.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Extensive experience closely partnering with product owners to develop strategy and rationale for features.
- Ability to make data-informed decisions. Track record of integrating data into the overall product design process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Korean.
- Ability to take ambiguous and challenging problems and turn them into scoped projects and features.
- Someone who can work autonomously to manage projects in a fast-paced environment and remain focused amidst frequently changing requirements.
- Knowledge in e-commerce and/or delivery service. Ability to account for fulfillment, logistics, and the business.
- Experience leading design sprints, team brainstorming, and ideation exercises.
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
Hiring process and others
- Hiring process: Document screening - Design Exercise - Onsite interview - Acceptance (The hiring process may vary by job position and it is subject to change due to various circumstances.)
- The position may close prior to the closing date if a qualified applicant is found.
- If there is any falsification in the application form, the acceptance may be canceled.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability or veteran status.
- We will contact you via email to schedule interviews and give you feedback once a final decision is made.
Recruiter: Yewon Choi (email@example.com)