Scope of Position
Candidate is accountable for managing the teams responsible for global lease accounting, LLC equity accounting (including equity-based compensation), and LLC debt. The function will also support financial reporting in these areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the review of contracts to identify leases.
- Lead and manage the tracking lease data for accounting (e.g., contract terms, payments, renewals, modifications to existing contracts, impairments, useful lives, etc.).
- Lead and manage the accounting of leases under K IFRS and US GAAP.
- Lead and manage the accounting of equity-based compensation and certain cash-based long-term incentives.
- Responsible for LLC consolidated equity balances and the accounting for transaction impacting equity.
- Responsible for the accounting of certain LLC debt instruments and support debt transactional accounting globally.
- Support external financial reporting through footnote preparation (e.g., lease and equity-based compensation footnotes)
- Work with external and internal auditors on requests for assistance.
- Identify process improvements and automation opportunities to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and responsibilities as needed.
- Korean or US Certified Public Accountant
- 10-15 years of relevant experience from public accounting and/or public multinational companies
- Must have prior experience in lease, equity, and debt accounting
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of K-IFRS (US GAAP would also be preferred)
- Experience in control execution/documentation
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with senior management and influence decision making
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive them through to completion.
- Ability to work with all levels of personnel, from staff to executive management