Strategic Sourcing & Category Management Director/Lead – IT Category
This position is an integral part of the Global Procurement team and responsible for leading and developing a team of IT category managers related to the acquisition of products and services through strategic planning, sourcing, and contract negotiation for assigned spend categories globally. Oversees personnel activities, act as the functional owner of operational and strategic sourcing in delivering those services to the enterprise. Primary objective of reducing OpEx and CapEx annually for 3rd party spend as well as implementing and governing a repeatable sourcing methodology. Improve managed spend, globally through building and maintaining relationships with business owners. Primary focus is on technology categories (hardware, software, telecom, cloud based services) as well as related professional IT services and IT labor spend.
This is a hands-on position and requires strong industry experience and category subject matter expertise in the above IT areas. Expertise should include knowledge of industry trends, prominent suppliers, industry procurement strategies and levers, etc.
- Develop Technology Category Management vision, strategies, and objectives to deliver against broader business objectives - including market research/benchmarks, milestones, savings targets, resource requirements, and implementation plans
- Manage successful execution of portfolio of initiatives and lead operations related to sourcing and procurement activities for IT goods and services
- Identify and execute strategic initiatives to drive maximum cost savings and value creation for the organization
- Recruit and develop a cohesive, high-performing tech sourcing team acting as trusted advisor to key business / technology stakeholders.
- Establish strong relationships with internal business / technology stakeholders; build a strong understanding of strategic business / technology direction, requirements and priorities across assigned suppliers and/or spend categories.
- Manage strategic IT sourcing process and define strategies that consolidate and optimize both the supplier base and quality services at optimal costs
- Perform leadership role in key procurement activities, including request for proposal (RFx) development and execution, Statement of Work (SOW) contract drafting, and pricing and contract negotiations
- Conduct supplier performance management initiatives and drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and report on procurement activity (health and metrics) and recommends changes in methods and procedures based on report outcome.
- Proactively identify opportunities and establish sourcing project pipeline to achieve savings targets and business objectives
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree from an accredited College or University; MBA or Advanced Certifications preferred: Institute of Supply Management (CPSM), SPSM, CTPE
- 10+ years of previous Sourcing and/or Technology / Business-related experience; significant experience required in the sourcing of Technology category with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role
- Knowledge and experience with Procurement applications (e.g. eRFx, eAuction, P2P)
- Actively set, lead and drive the team, timeline and prioritization for all assigned sourcing initiatives within managed categories
- Excellent problem solving, team and time management skills managing multiple deadlines for self and others
- Proficiency in evaluating the performance capabilities of subordinates as well as counsel subordinates in development and/or corrective discipline
- Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed organization
- Relationship building and collaboration with key executives and business partners; ability to influence without authority
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong financial modeling and deal structuring skills
- Takes initiative and has the ability to effectively organize, multi-task and prioritize a wide array of initiatives
- Aptitude for innovation
- High integrity and ethics