Every day, millions of users are searching for products on Coupang. We are building a product engineering team of passionate people at Mountain View office. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to build things that haven’t done before. We will start to build an inspiring search and discovery journey for Coupang users, help our users find products easier and discover more products to live their life to the best. We are building the team by applying the principles of wowing our customers and thinking big, into a higher level.
We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you are up for a change, let’s talk!
This team is a full stack team, in which there are Android, iOS, Web and Backend engineers. As the engineer of Search and Discovery Product team, you will own one of the most critical product surfaces on Coupang’s app – Search and Discovery surfaces where 60%+ of transactions happen. In the meantime, you will get the chance to closely work with the world-class search and discovery engineers at our Mountain View office to realize these cutting-edge technologies into product features.
What you’ll do:
- build brand new user experience product for Coupang search and discovery experience.
- Knit across teams by collaborating with Product managers and designers and other functions to build holistic experience that’s right for Coupang users.
- Lead each step of the product development process, from ideation to implementation to release; from rapidly prototyping, running A/B tests, to architecting and building solutions that can scale to support millions of users.
- Analyze and visualize data to drive product insights and to inform our decisions.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative consumer-facing mobile products
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience with distributed systems, transactional datastores, and systems programming.
- Experience in building and owning critical user-facing API platform and corresponding backend data systems, and solving complex design, scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-volume low-latency distributed systems.
- Strong communication skills and great product sense.
- Strong passion of building product.
- Strong ownership, having experience of working in early startup is a plus.
- Embrace messiness, wants to be challenged with complex issues.
- Scrappy and willing to take risks.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com