Are you ready to do something a bit adventurous in your career? Have you seen what Coupang is doing?
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest-growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our vision is to create a world in which Customers ask, “How did I ever live without Coupang?”
We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience - from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes. Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Director of IT Internal Audit for Coupang, you will be responsible for global IT risks and controls evaluations both from a financial reporting as well as operational perspectives. This position will be based in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
The role involves the following key responsibilities:
- Leading and influencing the direction and goals of the Company from an IT audit perspective.
- Developing an understanding of the risks and controls associated with the Company’s major global IT systems and applications. The risk and controls assessment would initially involve a key focus on the impact on financial reporting and will gradually evolve to include IT operations, IT security, and other aspects.
- Effectively working with other teams throughout the organization (Financial Controls, IT) and provide in-depth input in driving the Company’s efforts of documenting IT Financial Reporting controls, gap assessment, and in identifying remediation actions and follow-up through closure.
- Playing a major role as a risk and controls advisor in the implementation of major IT systems and applications.
- Providing expertise and relevant benchmarks in the Company’s deployment and maintenance of IT controls with due consideration to the requirements of the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO), Public Companies Accounting Oversight Board, ISACA, PCIe, and other relevant standards.
- Develop appropriate data analysis methods and techniques to help improve Company’s processes, Continuous Auditing and Monitoring.
- Establishing IT audit processes and tools to be employed by the Internal Audit Function to help with the timely identification and adequate evaluation of risks and controls.
- Developing an adequate level of IT Audit resources. Providing coaching and mentoring the IT Audit Team as well as other individuals in other audits.
- Communicating effectively with the Chief Audit Executive to ensure awareness of issues relevant to the IT control environment of Coupang.
- Working closely with the IT Leaders to review audit results, discuss issues, best practices, and new trends or concerns
- Coordinating work with Coupang’s external auditors to ensure the work of internal audit is leveraged by external audit and fees are minimized.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Excellent people and project management skills
- Excellent at collaboration and getting parties to agree on workable solutions
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good networking skills with internal and external resources and with other professional organizations
- Must be able to express one’s opinions and hold firm when challenged
- Willing to keep current on ever changing technology environment and be able to translate into potential risk to business
- Have good understanding and working knowledge of the following key IT control concepts: application development, cloud solutions, RPO, basic computer room controls, computer operations tasks, disaster and operational recovery, security, and data integrity
- Experience auditing eCommerce platforms and controls is a significant plus.
- Travel: This position will be based in Seoul, South Korea and may be required to travel to company locations in the United States and China. On an annual basis travel can range up to 25% subject to COVID-19 risks and restrictions.
- A bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Professional credentials and advance education, such as MBA, CISA, CIA, CPA, CISSP.
- A minimum of 10 years of information technology experience
- Experience as an Information Technology manager or in team lead role for at least 5 years
- Experience working for a U.S. based Company in a role similar to the requirements of this position.
- Candidates outside of Korea: Must be willing to relocate to Korea as an expatriate.
Must be fluent in English. Korean Language skills is a huge plus.