Do you want to join the world’s fastest growing e-Commerce company? Do you want to be part of the team that impacts tens of millions of online and mobile consumers? Coupang is the place! Coupang is the world’s fastest growing e-Commerce company and South Korea’s answer to Amazon. Coupang is currently valued at $5 billion. In only its fourth year, Coupang boasts over 20 million subscribers and annual revenue run rate over $2 billion. It is the #1 player in mobile e-commerce in Korea, which is a massive $50 billion market opportunity.
Coupang’s goal is to provide a consistent shopping experience that blends both “discovery” and “intent” based shopping with superior product selection and customer service. We enable this via our innovative mobile application, optimized delivery network, as well as leveraging a highly scalable platform and best in class data analytics.
About the role:
You’ll be faced with unique challenges to scale we aim to grow to more than 55M+ users in Korea alone. You’ll also get to push the envelope of what’s possible with mobile commerce (currently over 75% of our sales are done on mobile)! Some Specific things you'll work on:
- Search core ranking algorithm and query understanding
- Big Data Analytics supporting data collection, modeling, and optimization
- Highly Scalable and Reliable services oriented architecture
What we’re looking for:
- Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related science majors, Ph.D. strongly preferred
- Hands on experience with Machine Learning, especially experience with on search ranking, query understanding
- Have total years of experience of min 8+ years
- Proficiency in a major programming language, Java, Scala or Python similar
- Solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- Practical expertise in various disciplines of information retrieval, machine learning and natural language processing, such as text mining, classification, information extraction, feature engineering, ranking and search relevance
Bonus points for:
- Major bonus points or deep knowledge about Solr/Lucene architecture design and performance tuning
- Experience with handling large data volumes in a distributed environment – ideally with both backend data processing and web tier data management
- A passion to explore, improve, automate and optimize distributed systems and tools.
- Ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science or related Engineering majors
- Bonus points for experience at e-commerce or SaaS companies
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.