Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Engineering leaders at Coupang play a critical role in building platforms and services at scale that directly help with customer acquisition, retention and GMV growth. In this role you will build and lead a product development team focused on design, development and operation of Coupang’s CRM Platform, an end to end marketing solution to target, acquire, retain customers and influence their behavior with personalization. You will leverage cloud computing, big data & streaming technologies and analytics to enable customer centric data-driven decisions.
Architect, design and build scalable systems that will have a direct impact on customer acquisition, experience, conversion and retention
- Build, mentor and develop a high-performance engineering team consisting of backend and platform engineers
- Take full ownership of the platform(s) end to end using DevOps practices
- Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
- Drive continuous improvement to the efficiency and flexibility of the platform and services while keeping high bar for customer trust, performance and availability
- Serve as technical lead on some of our most demanding, cross-functional projects
- Strong technical credentials, with at least 3 years leading or managing software engineering teams
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) with 7+ years of professional software development experience, preferably in Java related technologies
- Proven track record of delivering software products using agile processes in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on architecture and large-scale distributed systems experience
- Strong fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm, problem solving and complexity analysis
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. High on bias for action
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working closely with distributed global teams preferred