Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Every day, millions of users are searching for products on Coupang. We are building a product engineering team of passionate people at our Mountain View office. We are starting from scratch, we are going to be scrappy, and we are going to build things that haven’t been done before. We will start to build an inspiring search and discovery journey for Coupang users, help our users find products easier and discover more products to live their best life. We are building the team by applying the principles of wowing our customers and thinking big, into a higher level.
This team is a full stack team, in which there are Android, iOS, web and Backend engineers. As an engineer on the Search and Discovery Product team, you will own one of the most critical product surfaces on Coupang’s app – Search and Discovery, where 60%+ of transactions happen. In the meantime, you will get the chance to closely work with the world-class search and discovery engineers in our Mountain View office to realize these cutting-edge technologies into product features. We are looking for smart, passionate people who have a strong sense of ownership. If you want your work to positively impact the lives of millions of people and you are up for a change, let’s talk!
What you’ll do:
- build brand new user experience product for Coupang search and discovery experience.
- Knit across teams by collaborating with Product managers and designers and other functions to build holistic experience that’s right for Coupang users.
- Lead each step of the product development process, from ideation to implementation to release; from rapidly prototyping, running A/B tests, to architecting and building solutions that can scale to support millions of users.
- Analyze and visualize data to drive product insights and to inform our decisions.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative consumer-facing mobile products
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of coding experience with iOS, proficiency in swift and objective C.
- Experience developing high quality, large-scale consumer applications.
- Deep understanding of UI development in iOS, able to build platform-like solutions.
- Understanding of A/B testing, able to do experiment analysis.
- Had 2+ major product features launched in a recent year.
- Full stack experience is a bonus!
- Strong communication skills and great product sense.
- Strong passion of building product.
- Strong ownership, having experience of working in early startup is a plus.
- Embrace messiness, wants to be challenged with complex issues.
- Scrappy and willing to take risks.
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.