Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes. Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai and Silicon Valley.
The Legal & Compliance department is responsible for the prevention, detection, and mitigation of compliance, regulatory and reputational risks across the company. In this role you will implement processes and procedures to prevent improper payments, kickbacks, or anything of value; maintain adequate internal controls and Implement processes and procedures to operationalize the company’s compliance program. We are looking for smart, creative and passionate builders who can work with us to fulfill our goals.
- Implement processes and procedures to prevent improper payments, kickbacks, or anything of value, including gifts, hospitality, or travel, to secure any improper business advantage from foreign official or commercial party.
- Maintain adequate internal controls, third party due diligence and accurate books & records.
- Implement processes and procedures to operationalize the company’s compliance program, including risk assessments, tracking training, and monitoring/response.
- Handle a number of compliance processes like an annual risk assessment and training.
- Coordinate with Human Resources, Employee Relations, Operations, and other stakeholders to build the company’s compliance processes.
- Forecast legal risks and make plans for preventing them.
- Qualified lawyer with previous In-house experience.
- At least 8-10 years of post-qualification legal experience.
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work with ambiguous problems.
- A willingness to learn voraciously and take on new scope and challenges.
- Ability to adapt easily to rapid and diverse business changes.
- Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating.
- Sound judgment in developing and implementing legal solutions.
- Experience in performing a similar role in the eCommerce or retail industries.