Roles and Responsibilities:
- As a strong leader, great communicator and negotiator, the ideal candidate will have good business judgment and analytical horsepower to break down complex problems and the willingness to roll up sleeves with strong interest in Coupang’s Category of retail business.
- As a leader of retail teams, our retail category leaders are responsible for providing strategic vision for the business - helping to cultivate strategic relationships with key partners, both internal and external.
- The ideal candidate will set the parameters and provide guidance on all key aspects of the business including sales, marketing and inventory management. They will be a key stakeholder, driving systematic improvements as well as championing new opportunities to grow the business and delight customers.
- The ideal candidate will possess a range of skill set such as leadership development, analytical skills, excellent business judgment, strong negotiations skills, deep curiosity about how things work, and passion for creating world class shopping experience for our customers. She/he must be knowledgeable about the various aspects of running a business and comfortable operating at all levels of the organization since the role requires leading through many stages in quick cycles.
- The ideal candidate will be strong at hiring & developing people. She/he will be required to build and foster future leaders who can launch, develop, and run new businesses.
- She/he will negotiate with external retailers and must be comfortable working with C-level executives and high-profile stakeholders.
- She/he will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to make successful presentation to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- The ideal candidate will drive innovation, entrepreneurship, and “thinking big,” while balancing the need to coordinate Fresh food Category teams’ activities, undaunted by challenges of fast-changing business environment.
- The successful candidate will think outside of the box to solve complex problems and use trends and competitive analysis to define and implement long term business strategies. Basic Qualifications § Proven manager with a successful, resourceful and hands-on track record of running a complex business end-to-end combined with strong P&L experience
- Strong retail, eCommerce or product background with proven ability to drive change
- Demonstrable ability to build lasting relationships and conduct negotiations with leading global and
local brands to obtain preferable terms and win-win solutions
- Able to balance strategy with strong operational skills - able to understand, deconstruct, streamline and
optimize complex, large-scale business processes
- Clear evidence of recruiting, managing and developing a team(s), both direct and indirect reports
- Proven analytical skills and ability to influence people both internally and externally
- Decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- A passionate self-starter, ready to take Coupang’s customer experience to the next level
- Broad commercial awareness developed in a high-growth, fast-moving on-line/ retail environment
- Anticipate customer expectations, changing customer perceptions of online commerce in Korea and
share insight with the wider leadership team
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.