Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
A Software Development Manager at Coupang owns leading a group of talented engineers working on projects to improve the lives of our customers. You will drive from you strong technical and people management background to create a team of smart and curious problem solvers. You will drive the future of systems that are highly scalable, low latency, high reliability and productivity. You will provide technical leadership to your team helping them make sound design tradeoffs balancing tactical and strategic plans.
To succeed in this role, you must have focus to conceive products/features that matter to customers and have the deep technical vision to attract the best engineering talent. You must be self-driven to coach your engineers in their career development and grow them.
Responsibilities and duties
• Manage Agile team(s) of high caliber engineers working on building scalable, reliable and productive iOS Platform and fulfill business requirement
• Recruit and hire engineers according to your team’s growth target
• Coach your engineers on their career development through 1 on 1 and performance evaluation meetings
• Work with Product Owner(s) and/or other stakeholders to understand requirements, set priorities, build the roadmap, and deliver to plan
• Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an lean process
• Own definition, measurement, and reporting of operational metrics
• Establish and run the operational support for your team’s software
• Drive improvements of engineering and operational excellence
• 5+ years of hands-on iOS/Mobile programming experience
• 3+ years managing software development team with hands-on architectural experience
• Deep experience building high quality software with the Agile processes : Software design, TDD, code review, QA process
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Loves to explain the technology and has a gift for concisely explaining complex topics
• Proficiency with OC/Swift
• Fluent in English
• Mobile app development or management experience
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Experiences in eCommcerce industry
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment