Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As part of the Coupang Data Platform organization, Web Logging Platform team is responsible for collecting & providing all client-side event logs from Coupang web sites, mobile apps & other supporting systems. Using Coupang’s big data infrastructure on AWS, we collect, load, process the logs for downstream users to analyze user behavior of their systems. WLP also provides various tools & services for the users to use the log data more productively and to have confidence with quality of the data.
As a senior back-end engineer, you will be responsible with building our collection pipeline and back-end of the various tools for log data users. You will be responsible for:
• Building & managing log collection pipeline, from end-point API to data loader application & monitoring batch jobs.
• Solving complex issues on our services for log data reliability & quality
• Managing & improving log metadata for data discovery & governance
• Ability to design, build & document REST API with Spring
• Ability to design & implement web front-end application using modern client-side frameworks (i.e. react.js)
• Ability to use tools for continuous integration & deployment workflows (e.g. Git, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins etc.).
• Ability to build scripts for monitoring & management
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience.
Experience in development of:
o click-stream / client-side log data collection & analysis tool
o data governance / compliance tool
o complex data visualization tool
• Experience in using AWS & Docker
• Experience in data processing with Spark & Airflow
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.