Coupang is one of the world’s fastest growing e-Commerce company and South Korea’s answer to Amazon. In only its fourth year, Coupang boasts over 20mn subscribers and annual revenue run rate of over /$2bn. It is the No. 1 player in mobile e-commerce in Korea, which is a massive /$50bn market opportunity. On top of that, in Dec 2014, we raised/$300mn in an investment led by BlackRock BLK Private Equity Partners. It comes less than five months after we received /$100mn in a round led by Sequoia Capital Global Equities and Sequoia Heritage venture funds, which then valued the company at more than /$1bn.
To enable the advancement of the Company’s mission by providing relevant and timely financial information to both Korea and China, and relevant financial solutions to the leadership. Meanwhile to serve as the Company financial policy advisor and to promote long term economic sustainability and responsible resource allocation. And to continuously seek further efficient management resources to ensure the integrity and compliance of business processes.
- Daily dealing with Beijing office existing ITO business accounting affairs.
- Proactive support and bring valuable contribution to Beijing office local financial related things
- Leading & manage China existing three offices ITO and BPO businesses accounting things.
P.S. ITO -- Information Technology Outsourcing Service; BPO -- Business Process Outsourcing Service
- Leadership, good communication, team spirit, accurate, logical, efficient, responsible and on time delivery with good quality, have capacity to manage a small team in daily work.
- For Beijing office
- Responsible for monthly close processes including preparation of journal entries, properly filing of original vouchers.
- Prepare detail reports, financial packages and other information required internally by internal functions & regulators.
- Monthly BS & PL item reconciliation raise alert if any abnormal.
- Optimize reconciliation procedures.
- Support audit, compliance, and fixed assets count.
- Liaise and cooperate with other department in daily work. Keep good communication with bank, tax, SAFE and other partners.
- Check all the invoices & validated receipts and perform 1st level review for employee reimbursement/payment requisition if any.
- Work together with Cashier to allow the cashier can have good information to arrange the payments via e-banking/other proper payment way.
- Prepare & monitor tax related financial report, good skilled usage of tax systems.
- Keep good relationship with bank, tax bureau and internal colleagues.
- Perform other related missions and duties as required.
- For Coupang China
Main duties and responsibilities：
- Lead team to conduct monthly closing according to global schedule for all entities. Strictly
follow schedule to complete month end procedure with expected high quality.
- In charge of communication with global team to coordinate Coupang China ITO & BPO business entities closing and reporting affairs.
- Lead team to take care all internal and external reporting requirement.
- Set up accounting report review system to make sure all accounts periodic reconciled and assure financial report quality.
- Review financial report, analysis report and SOP on regular basis.
- Support financial analyst for various projects when required.
- Optimize accounting procedures and accounting system framework.
- Proactive seek opportunity to optimize cost and tax exposure.
- Coordinate with external auditor to conduct annual audit and quarterly review.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or above
- Language: Good written and spoken English
- Computer: Good excel, word and other office tools skill
- Behavioural competences: Accurate, logical, efficient, responsible and on time delivery with good quality, have capacity to manage a small team in daily work.
- Personal attributes: Be honest and accountable, leadership, self-motivated, good communication skills, able to work under pressure, team spirit; objectivity and fairness.
- Business Competences: 10 years above related working experience
- Professional skills: CPA/CIMA/ACCA is preferred, and with a good sense of tax planning/positioning