Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang Marketplace Delivery Experience team has the mission to create state-of-the-art marketplace platform to ensure predicable, accurate, lost-cost and friction-free third-party merchandise delivery experience for sellers and customers.
Marketplace Delivery Experience team is seeking experienced Software Engineers to join us to fulfill our mission. You will be working in a fast-paced environment along with a team of smart and passionate engineers to design and implement various systems to meet the needs of the Marketplace business. You will also have direct ownership of new features for improving Marketplace platform's scalability, reliability, availability, extensibility and performance. We care about both delighting customers and building high-quality software and are looking for someone with proven track record of designing and building large scale distributed systems.
- Building, owning, and maintenance of large-scale distributed systems
- Providing technical direction to junior engineers in the team
- Establishing and executing short and long-term design and architectural roadmaps for the business
- Continuing to innovate on the platform to support delivery programs worldwide
- Driving continual improvement to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping high bar for customer trust, performance and availability.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 6+ years of solid work with fundamental algorithms, system design, and large distributed systems
- 6+ years of professional coding experience using modern programming language such as Java, Scala, Kotlin, C++, C#, etc.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.