Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The FC Department Supervisor will provide leadership and support to the FC Department Manager in a high volume outbound, B2C small parcel environment. Supervise and coordinate operational activities of workers concerned within one or multiple of the following areas; receiving, replenishment, picking, packing, and/or shipping as it relates to preparing it for same day shipping internationally via expedited carrier services. Maintain a safe, effective and orderly work environment, scheduling, continuous process improvement and maintaining positive vendor relationships.
What we’re looking for:
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances
- Confer with other Supervisors in the distribution center to ensure coordination of other warehouse activities
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment by following all safety procedures
- Support FC Department Manager with improving and maintaining inventory accuracy
- Support FC Department Manager with evaluating and planning labor for upcoming warehouse needs
- Support Department with daily tasks assignments and coordination of employee duties
- Supports FC Department Manager with aspects of employee performance when/if performance evaluations are needed
- Supports cost reduction activities and drives productivity within the department
- Train all new hires for the respective department, including documentation of performance in the first week
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Generally requires a minimum of three (2) to five (3) years of supervisory warehouse experience in a warehouse environment. eCommerce experience highly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Programs (i.e.: Microsoft Work, Excel) and Google Office.
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, reading and understanding.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekend
- Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy.
- Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
- While performing the duties of this job, individuals will be regularly required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally bend and move around the facility.
- Ability to travel if needed. Travel is minimal in this position.
- Fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office and Distribution environment
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.