Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Riverside, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
The Accounting Manager, will be a key member of the US finance organization at Coupang. The Accounting Manager will report to the Corporate Controller and will manage all day to day accounting functions including, but not limited to, accounts payable, asset accounting, ledger maintenance, and financial reporting. The Accounting Manager will also collaborate with Korea Finance members to ensure timely submission of company financials.
- Five+ years of related work and management experience in finance and accounting, experience in e-commerce is a plus
- Three to five years supervisory experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, fast-growing, start-up, or similar company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Intermediate experience with ERP solutions, ideally having experience with Netsuite
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, v-look ups, etc.
· Personal characteristics that will align with this position include: Creative, intelligent, energetic, decisive, possessing drive and initiative, maturity, flexibility, patience, persistence, excellent communication skills with abilities to work closely with staff and other departmental managers, and have unquestioned values of honesty and integrity
- Manage accounting staff and all related accounting transactions
- Work closely with Accounts Payable Manager for accurate and timely processing of EFT and vendor transactions
- Maintain weekly (cash plan) budget
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close process
- Prepare and submit accurate monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial information
- Fixed asset accounting
- Validate data between Warehouse ERP and Accounting ERP, reconcile, and communicate with other departments regarding the accounting impact
- Prepare 1099s
- Be able to solve, diagnose, or correct complex operational and accounting challenges
· Experience with researching and documenting support for accounting conclusions
- Be able to accept other ad hoc duties as needed
- Develop, implement, and document more efficient procedures to enhance the workflow of the department
Bonus points for:
- Key role in Accounting ERP implementations
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.