Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
We are looking for Head of Search Product Engineering for Coupang Search team. A successful candidate will have an established background in iOS and Android mobile development, managing a product engineering team. You will hire and lead Search Product Engineering in Mountain View.
- Setting the vision and direction for the Search Product Engineering team
- Partnering with Product Owner, UX designer, and other stakeholder across company to lead team to make impact
- Define and improve key metrics
- Establish best practice to improve Search experience and promote it across whole organization
- Recruit and coach individual contributors and managers, develop search product engineering talents, maintain a world class engineering team
- Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
- Refine experiment launch review process to increase the throughput of experiments and ensure the quality of experiments by insisting highest standard
- Guard Search experience and promote understanding of search experience across the company
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- At least 3 years' experience managing product engineering teams with track records of successful delivery
- At least 5 years of experience building successful mobile and web experience and familiar with at least one of major mobile platform (iOS, Android)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Master or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc
- A track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.