Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
About the job
As the leader of the US Recruiting team, you should have a passion for people and their talents. You will manage, improve, and redefine the systems and processes that identify and secure the leaders and thinkers in our industry. You will set clear direction, build the team, and achieve great results through innovation and execution. Simultaneously, you will ensure candidates that move through our hiring process have a positive experience.
- You will be responsible for leading a team of recruiters working on full life-cycle recruiting (i.e., sourcing, evaluating, and closing candidates).
- Partner with the business, business partners, and recruiters to create, steer, and evolve a talent acquisition strategy that anticipates the needs of the business. Make decisions, build strategies, and manage teams using analytical tools to improve operations.
- You will identify, develop, and deploy Coupang’s Employer Brand Strategy, seeking alignment across leaders inside the Global Talent Acquisition organization, and others (primarily HR, Global Communications and Marketing, and business leaders).
- You will also develop effective relationships across the organization, working collaboratively with key leaders and peers to drive results for your team and the company.
- Think beyond the status quo, question how things might be different, and develop creative ideas for alternatives. Take risks to drive change and innovation and inspire the team to do the same.
- Drive strategy to ensure a flawless candidate experience through programs, process and people.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of leadership experience in talent acquisition and/or HR with a demonstrated ability to grow and mentor at all levels.
- Experience managing teams, building and delivering applicant pipelines, and planning/executing strategy.
- Experience in HR, including talent acquisition, business consulting, coaching and development
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence senior leadership, lead large number of partners, and ability to create and execute comprehensive communication plan.
- Ability to translate clear, creative and critical thinking into strategies and actions
- Proven success in collaborating with and influencing senior leaders across strategy and execution.
- Experience managing tech recruiting teams.
- Demonstrated ability to partner internally with HR professionals and the business
- Ability to inspire followership as a leader and affect greatness in others.
- Experience in talent acquisition for a large, complex company within the Technology industry.
- Ability to challenge assumptions and tends towards unusual, unconventional, and disruptive solutions. Excellent analytical skills.
- Track record in the industry
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fluid organization in high-growth mode. Motivated by solving the problems of growth and scale; without forgetting the employee and candidate experience
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.