Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Who We Are?
Coupang’s Benefits & Promotions platform is a Tier-1 system that manages and enables all discounting across Coupang sites and apps operating at a scale of millions of transactions per day. This platform is leveraged by brands, suppliers and sellers to discount their products to millions of Coupang Customers.
- Actively participate in our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
- Work on or Drive the highest quality of architecture and design of systems.
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward, testable and maintainable solutions.
- Inspect and solve technical problems such as performance, scalability, availability and maintainability, in a fast and comprehensive manner.
- Leverage knowledge of internal and industry best practices in design
- Influence or motivate the team members and increase their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor or above degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience in J2EE software development and professional skills in Java
- Experienced with distributed and scalable enterprise systems development.
- Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Experiences with handling large data and databases and handling data consistency which is placed different database.
- Solid verbal and written communication in English, Korean is a plus.
- Solid problem-solving skills.