Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
About The Role:
The Retail Systems team is responsible for creating systems that allow our product vendors and third party sellers to list and manage their products on Coupang. As the backbone of Coupang, our mission is to create highly scalable systems that empower our vendors and third party sellers to grow and manage their Coupang businesses online and through mobile platforms. Coupang is a global company and our systems must enable global scale. Our Retail Systems team is your opportunity to see if you have what it takes to create a new global retailer. We have big goals at Coupang and the Retail Systems team is at the center of it all!
You’ll get to work with the best in the industry, with many of our team members coming from Amazon, eBay, PayPal, Facebook and more! You’ll work in a collaborative, dynamic, entrepreneurial and open environment where we consider ourselves a family (Check out our Family Day!). And our agile environment will enable you to rapidly innovate with the most cutting edge technologies.
- Building Highly Scalable and Reliable services-oriented architecture.
- Designing, developing and supporting world-class systems serving individuals and business of all sizes
- Driving and working on algorithm and architecture design, execute and deliver results
- Big Data Analytics supporting data collection, modeling, and optimization
- Working directly with machine learning scientists to scale up models on retail purchases, vendors, and other Coupang data to deeply understand our customers
- Working with strategic domains such as inventory management, ordering, personalization, and supply chain management.
- 4+ years of web development experience.
- 4+ years HTML CSS/SCSS, Bootstrap, HTML5 experience.
- Good programming practices including solid object-oriented principles and design patterns
- 2+ years experience with responsive design concepts/practices
- Strong understanding with RESTful JSON API design and integration
- Platform knowledge including MySQL, Hadoop, Spring, NodeJS, Git
- Ability to deep dive into software requirements and to focus on delivering results
- One who has been exposed in a dynamic startup or startup like environments preferred
- One who has experience in Cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure
- One who has experience at e-commerce or SaaS companies!
- One who has ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- One who has experience with handling large data volumes in a Java server environment – ideally with both backend processing and web tier data management
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Catered lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.