Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
About the Role:
The Retail Systems team is responsible for creating systems that allow our product vendors and third-party sellers to list and manage their products on Coupang. As the backbone of Coupang, our mission is to create highly scalable systems that empower our vendors and third-party sellers to grow and manage their Coupang businesses online and through mobile platforms. Coupang is a global company and our systems must enable global scale. Our Retail Systems team is your opportunity to see if you have what it takes to create a new global retailer. We have big goals at Coupang, and the Retail Systems team is at the center of it all!
You’ll get to work with the best in the industry, with many of our team members coming from Amazon, eBay, PayPal, Facebook and more! You’ll work in a collaborative, dynamic, entrepreneurial and open environment where we consider ourselves a family (Check out our Family Day!). And our agile environment will enable you to rapidly innovate with the most cutting-edge technologies.
- Building highly scalable, available, reliable, fault-tolerant and manageable services
- Working with strategic domains such as inventory management, ordering, logistics and supply chain management
- Understands team software architecture. Can make technical trade-off decisions at system level
- Able to work on any components, applications, or services that team owns
- Able to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Automate and simplify team’s development and operations processes
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field - Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields
- 4+ years of experience building distributed systems using Java, SQL
- Good programming practices including solid object-oriented principles and design patterns
- Strong understanding with RESTful JSON API design and integration
- Ability to deep dive into software requirements and to focus on delivering results
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
- One who has been exposed in a dynamic startup or startup like environments preferred
- One who has experience at e-commerce or SaaS companies
- One who has ability to think outside-the-box and challenge conventional wisdoms
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
- Catered lunches
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.