Overview and responsibilities
Coupang is building out its digital advertising business. We are using Coupang’s cutting edge technologies to build highly relevant ads for our advertising partners and customers. As a key leader in this rapidly growing business, this person will build a top performing team and drive significant revenue growth for Coupang Media Group (CMG).
He or she will will hire and develop a team of sales representatives responsible for building CMG’s small and medium business (SMB) client base. In addition, the leader will be responsible for developing and providing the tools, processes, and capabilities necessary to achieve our ambitious goals.
1) Build a high performance, input driven team
- Attract, hire and retain sales talent
- Provide strong mentoring and coaching to direct reports and sales representatives
- Elevate skill sets and develop bench strength in the team
- Determine short and long-range sales revenue plans per property, vertical, account, territory, and sales representative and execute tactical action plans
- Create and implement sales programs and tools that increase performance by the sales staff
2) Grow revenue significantly
- Develop account coverage strategy for the Korean market segment
- Build upon prior success in this area to continue to grow this opportunity
- Drive the sales management process as well as play a hands-on role in driving sales and opening doors for the sales organization
- Partner with Coupang’s ecommerce teams on category and product development strategies
3) Drive product innovation through thorough understanding and representation of customer and industry trends/needs to ensure Coupang continues to provide a powerful and differentiated value proposition
- Partner with product development to prioritize and build innovative new advertising products to provide a truly better and differentiated advertising business for our customers
- Partner with internal teams to provide the right infrastructure, tools, training, and support for the SMB sales team
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate is an experienced sales leader with a reputation for hiring and developing the best talent. He or she will have a track record of success at driving top sales results, partnering cross functionally, and representing client needs/perspectives to the product organization. They will be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker who likely hails from a leading online firm or technology-enabled organization. He or she will have a strong track record of developing and executing sales strategies, tactics, plans, processes, systems and programs.
The ideal candidate will have a reputation for building high performance sales teams with a demonstrated ability to sell the value of a media property rather than just the program/price. He or she should be a strong coach and mentor for the sales organization and be adept at managing a sales organization and ensuring excellent communication with key stakeholders. The successful candidate will have a talent for responding effectively to industry direction, customer needs and competitive positioning. He or she will thrive in fast-paced dynamic environments and have very strong communication and presentation skills.
Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical or analytical discipline
Advanced business degree or MBA
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Coupang leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment.
- Hires great people. Develops great people.
- Has relentlessly high standards.
- Thinks strategically but stays on top of tactical execution.
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team.
- Aims high and has convictions.
- Results oriented.
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others.