Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
Coupang’s Identity & Access Management (IAM) Team is responsible for innovating the company’s IAM Infrastructure. We are responsible for providing a platform that defines and manages the correct access to enterprise assets by the right users in the right context. We are looking for team members with deep development background, with focus on authentication and authorization, who are able to deliver creative solutions to challenging problems. The candidate is expected to work in new technology areas and be ready to wear multiple hats to get things done in a highly-energized, fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative startup environment.
- Take full ownership of the in-house, custom-developed authentication and authorization platform and services: from coding & deployment to maintenance & operations.
- Drive continuous improvement to the efficiency and flexibility of the platform and services while keeping high bar for customer trust, performance and availability
- Establish and execute a transition roadmap for the platform and services, balancing custom vs packaged solutions
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent coding skills, with emphasis on authentication, authorization, refactoring, problem solving, performance improvement and complexity analysis
- Experience with frameworks and technologies, like Spring, AWS, APIs, NoSQL
- Experience with authentication and authorization standards like SAML, OAuth 2.0, OIDC, XACML
- Hands on Java
- Taking ownership comes naturally to you and you thrive in an environment where priorities and requirements are not always clear.
- Comfortable working in an agile fast paced startup-like environment and you have the ability to learn fast.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with reverse engineering and refactoring of code and systems
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Experience influencing software engineering best practices
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience working backwards from the customer and delivering innovative, simple solutions
Recruitment Process and Others
1. Recruitment Process: Application Review - Phone Interview - Onsite Interview - Offer
(The recruitment process may be different depending on the job and may be changed due to scheduling and circumstances.)
a. This job post may be closed early if all openings are filled.
b. If there is any false information in the application, the offer may be cancelled.
c. Veteran status or disability will not result in any disadvantages in the recruitment process.
d. Interview schedules and the results will be informed to the applicant via the e-mail address submitted at the application stage.