Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce companies in the world. Powered by innovative technology and operations, we have set out to transform the customer experience journey—from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how customers search and discover on a truly mobile platform. Our team includes many experts from some of the most prominent software companies in the world. It’s the diversity of these people and their ideas that solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” If you are driven by a passion to build and innovate the original, come join us on our journey.
About Coupang in Silicon Valley
The Search & Discovery team in Mountain View focuses on product search innovation to better serve search quality and enhance the user experience. As a Senior Product Designer, you lead to define how a customer experiences the most advanced shopping experience solutions in existence of the largest online retailer in South Korea. You work as part of a cross-disciplinary team including product owners & engineers in identifying the right problems to tackle for our customers. Our UX team includes UX researchers, content strategists, and brand designers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity.
As a Senior Product Designer at Coupang, you are expected to own the entire design from strategy to final execution. A strong ability to turn complex problems into simple, elegant UX solutions is key to success at Coupang. You are also expected to make data-informed decisions to drive business impact and think systematically to consider all aspects of user experience. Above all, your design should be supported by your clear rational and logic.
- BA in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Computer Science, Psychology or equivalent degree/experience
- A portfolio demonstrating your work of typography, interaction design, visual design or user research for web and mobile applications.
- Ability to skillfully use design tools such as Sketch, Zeppelin, or Adobe Suits
- 5+ years of experience in product design
- Ability to produce Mock-up, wireframe, prototyping, design guide, presentation, and even an entire process and framework
- Experience closely collaborating with a Product Owner in building an overall strategy of a project and basis of the deliverable
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a rapid growth environment
- Experience of production from scratch to finish by utilizing insights earned from UX researches
- Ability analyzing data and reflecting them to design
- Knowledge on the e-commerce industry enabling multi-dimensional understanding on its customers, sellers, and businesses
- Commitment at work and leadership
- Ability to communicate in Korean and English
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- 18 days PTO + 12 national holidays off
- 401K matching
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Catered Lunch
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.