Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?” Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Senior Data Engineer for our data platform team, you will be responsible for design, develop and implement the data infrastructure that elevates data-driven decision-making for the data platform, including not limited to new business initiatives, cost modeling and pricing.
- Architect and drive the build out of Coupang's next generation platform.
- Build durable code, with the ability to scale with very large data volumes.
- Engage in system architecture decisions.
- Apply knowledge and implement big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark and enhance AWS technologies to support Coupang.com’s big data requirements in support of its online e-commerce system.
- Foster, mentor, and enforce industry best practices in data architecture design, design patterns and coding standard.
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, Computer Science/ Engineering, or Electrical Engineering, technology, information systems or related technical field.
- 5 years of software industry experience or related
- 4+ years of experience in data integration applications, data processing applications, data warehouse, business intelligence, SQL
- 3 years of experience in Hadoop, Map reduce, Hive, HBase, Pig or other big data frameworks
- 3 years of experience either AWS or Azure or Cloudera technologies- Spark, Redshift, EMR, HDInsight or equivalent data platform technologies
- Experienced in architecting, building and maintaining large -scale data infrastructures
- Possesses full life cycle knowledge of big data technologies including map reduce, hive and HBase
- Experienced with python scripting and other platform agnostic language including Java
- Experienced in data structures, algorithm design and troubleshoot using Java/Python
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.