Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. We are on a mission to revolutionize everyday lives for our customers, employees and partners. We solve problems no one has solved before to create a world where people ask, “How did we ever live without Coupang?”
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
As our Technical Program Manager for Coupang Media Group, you will be responsible for leading high-impact, cross-functional, and global customer facing projects.
The Coupang Media Group (CMG) is responsible for providing vendors that sell their products on Coupang a host of marketing products and services. We launched Product Ads which is a bidded performance advertising marketplace late in 2018. We have grown rapidly to over 10,000 active advertisers and 150M daily ad impressions in only 5 months’ time. Our group is responsible for advertising brands and products inside our ecommerce website. To get an idea of how valuable that is, both Alibaba and Amazon make more money on advertising than on selling products.
This is an opportunity to be part of building up a new development organization with strong revenue potential inside a successful company. We’re building full-stack technical teams to handle large scale advertising problems, including real-time behavioral targeting, auctioning and bidding systems and search based advertising.
We are in the growth phase of the organization, so you’ll be a part of managing the transition from growth phase to enterprise processes.
- Partner closely with engineer leads and product managers to define strategy and requirements, plan roadmaps, and track executions.
- Clearly communicate goals, project status, risks and project strategies to stakeholders and senior management.
- Define appropriate processes that improve the engineering quality and productivity.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of technical program management experience in a related industry
- Experience managing efforts in developing large scale applications
- Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
- 3 years of Technical Program Management experience running large, complex programs in a fast-paced environment using Agile methodologies and delivering highly scalable and robust systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
- Experience with agile or other related methodologies
- Experience with ads products
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), national origin, age, disability, medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, use of a trained dog guide or service animal, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.