[Seller Success] Senior Software Engineer
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing e-commerce platforms on the planet. Our mission is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes.
Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley.
- Our vision is to create a Friction Free experience for Sellers to add and manage their inventory on Coupang platform across all Listings channels. We will provide a platform that helps Sellers to list new products easily, manage their price and quantity updates in real time. We will provide specific feedback on Listing creation and updates, so that Sellers don’t need to contact Seller support for matching and reconciliation issues.
- Actively work with team through the full lifecycle of solution, including platform selection, technical architecture design, application design and development, testing and deployment.
- Provide technical tips to other programmers in the team.
- Develop analytics with a mind toward accuracy, scalability and high performance.
- Actively work with team to define, design, and develop software applications for new Listing platform
- Actively work with team to review the engineering design and drawings
- Works cross-functionally with stakeholders to define and drive feature enhancements/requirements/prioritization
- Set clear, measurable quality goals for the feature in a data-driven way
- Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Coupang.
- Raise the bar on functionality, flow, consistency, usability, and simplicity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years software development experiences;
- 2+ years hands-on experience with designing and developing on distributed architecture systems up to Tera/petabyte data handling using Open Source software.
- Expert with one or more programming language such as Java/Python/Scala
- Understanding of architectural principles and design patterns / styles using parallel large-scale distributed frameworks
- Deep knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server) and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, HBase, MongoDB, Dynamo DB
- Demonstrates broad knowledge of technical solutions, design patterns, and code for medium/complex applications deployed in Hadoop.
- Thorough understanding of service-oriented architectures and data processing in high-volume applications. Full SDLC experience (requirements gathering through production deployment).
- Ecommerce startup background
- Experience in Hadoop big data ecosystem is plus.
- Master’s degree in computer science.